The Davis Democratic Club (DDC)
During non-election years, the DDC engages in voter outreach and education and most importantly provides continuous organization to hit the ground running during elections. The Club’s annual social functions provide an enjoyable venue to contribute to political action* while becoming informed about the activities of our local elected officials.
During elections, the Club provides funding, volunteers, and logistical support for local, state-wide, out-of-state and national level political campaigns including the establishment of the local Davis Campaign HQ Office This HQ serves as the focal point for all local volunteer activities. Included among these activities are phone banking (both within and outside of California), letter writing, and canvasing both locally and in other districts and states. The synergy between our Club and the UCDavis College Democrats is particularly noteworthy. Resources and organization provided by the Club nicely complement the pool of enthusiastic volunteers provided by the College Dems.
As your first step in becoming political involved, please join the Davis Democratic Club (click the “Membership” link).
*Club Donations to Political Causes in 2020
- $2,000 to the Biden Campaign
- $2,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- $500 to the Mark Kelly Campaign in Arizona
- $500 to the Steve Bullock Campaign in Montana
- $2,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- $1,000 to “Trail Raiser” (This is a special program of the California Democratic Party. The CADP does the essential work that keeps California “blue” and sane!)
- $2,000 for sponsoring fundraisers (such as the VERBS) and funding the Club’s ongoing letter writing campaign
- $2,000 to the Yolo County Democratic Party. The YCDP provides organization and multiple volunteer activities both within Yolo and as outreach to other districts.
- The Club is proud to have contributed to the Warnock and Ossoff Senatorial campaigns in Georgia.
*Club Donations to Political Causes in 2022
In this most recent election cycle, the Club contributed $32,000 in total, mostly targeting highly competitive races for the House and Senate as well as one pivotal supervisorial election (Jaclyn Moreno) in Sacramento County:
- Rafael Warnock (Georgia)
- Catherine Cortez-Masto (Nev.)
- Mandela Barnes (Wisc.),
- Tim Ryan (Ohio)
- Cheri Beasley (NC)
- Adam Gray (CD13
- Christy Smith (CD27)
- Rudy Salas (CD22),
- Jay Chen (CD 45)
- Kirmit Jones (CD 3)
- Josh Harder (CD09)